* Born in Camden, NJ, in 1949 & now lives in Maine
* Has a wife, four grown sons & two rascally cats
* Parents passed on their love of reading
* Got an encouraging note from teacher in gr. 12
“Andrew -- this poem is so funny. This should be published!”
* Started with poems & song-writing
* Studied literature in university, then became a teacher
* Worked at a publishing company
* Frindle was published in 1996
* Writes in a small shed on property, no phone, no TV, no door
bell, no email!
* Advice to young authors:
One word at a time, don’t try to write it all at once.